City Tour Cusco
Read everything you need to know about the City tour Cusco, then take a look at the tours we have for this activity.
All available City Tour Cusco experiences
Information about the City Tour Cusco
Book a tour in Explorape and visit the most beautiful and most visited archaeological complexes of Cusco. Main Square, Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Wenwo, Pukapukara and Tambomachay.
- The majestic Cathedral of Cusco , symbol of Andean-Christian religious syncretism.
- The magnificent Inca temple of Qoricancha, also known as the temple of Santo Domingo.
- The impressive terraces and temples of the great ceremonial fortress of Sacsayhuaman.
- The enigmatic rocky promontories and labyrinthine paths of the amphitheater of Qenqo.
- The great stone terraces, walls and stairways of the military fortress of Puca Pucara .
- And the mysterious terraces and fountains of the Tambomachay water temple.
Begin your adventure in the majestic Plaza de Armas of Cuzco, where the millenary history of the great Andean culture still survives. Visit the Basilica-Cathedral of the Virgin of the Assumption, the main temple of the city of Cusco. Next, you will travel along a narrow stone path to the Qoricancha, the largest Inca temple.
And then delight your senses with the most impressive and extraordinary examples of high Inca architecture. Board our tourist bus and head to the outskirts of the city of Cusco where you will visit 4 impressive sites of the Sacsayhuaman Archaeological Park: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay.
Cusco City Tour Cusco in the Afternoon
To start the tour we pick you up at your hotel between 13:00 and 13:25, the tour ends at your hotel or at the Plaza San Francisco, which is 4 minutes from the Plaza de Armas (central square of the city).
- Departures: daily.
- Duration: from 13:30 to 18:45.
- Cost per person: US$ 15.00 American dollars or S/. 50.00 soles.
What is included?
- Transportation and group guide.
- Not included: Entrance fees.
City Tour Cusco in the morning or morning
The Cusco city tour in the morning is one of the tours where you will find few tourists, especially if you plan to arrive in Cusco between the months of June to the end of November.
One of the disadvantages of the Cusco City Tour in the morning is that we do NOT visit the Cusco Cathedral or the Qoricancha.
- Departures : Daily.
- Duration : from 10 to 14 hours.
What is included?
- Tourist transportation and professional guide.
- Not included : Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC). See more details of the ticket in the “”more details”” section.
Places to visit in the City tour in Cusco
1. CUSCO CATHEDRAL
The Cathedral or Basilica of the Virgin of the Assumption, is the main temple of the city of Cusco, the visit begins here entering the church of the Holy Family, we visit the entire cathedral and the church of the Triumph.
2. QORIKANCHA – CORICANCHA
We continue with the visit of the most important temple of the Inca culture, the Qorikancha was the center of a complex religious system, transforming the city of Cusco in the sacred city of the Incas, today we can observe the advanced technique of architecture and engineering that the Incas developed.
Inca Archaeological Center. The “”ceremonial temple”” of Sacsayhuaman is, with its megalithic walls, the greatest architectural work done by the Incas in their time of splendor, from where we can contemplate a unique panoramic view of the surroundings, including the city of Cusco. It is located 2 kilometers from the city.
The Inca place of worship, dedicated to the magical religious rite, its circular amphitheater and subway galleries are especially interesting.
It is a military construction formed by large walls, terraces and stairs; it was part of the defensive complex of Cusco.
Temple dedicated to the cult of water, also a special place where the head of the Inca empire could rest. It consists of a series of aqueducts, canals and several waterfalls that flow through the rocks. The origin of the water flowing through its canals is currently unknown.
Cost of the tickets for the City Tour Cusco
- Tourist ticket: S/ 130.00 Nuevos Soles (to enter Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo,
- Tambomachay and Pucapucara, also serves to visit the Sacred Valley of the
- Incas and other museums of the city, is valid for 10 days).
- Entrance to the Cathedral: S/ 25.00 Nuevos Soles.
- Entrance to the Qoricancha: S/ 15.00 Nuevos Soles.
Cusco BTC Tourist Ticket Information
The Cusco city tour ticket included in this tour is for one day and includes the sites seen in this tour only. If you plan to stay in Cusco for several days and/or plan to do several tours, you can upgrade to the 10-day tourist ticket when you book your tour. The 10-day tour ticket includes the following sites:
- Puca Pucara
- Pisac Ruins
- Qosqo Native Art Center
- Pachacuteq Inca Museum/Monument (Pachacuteq Monument)
- Qoricancha Site Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Museum of Popular Art
- Regional History Museum
Please note that this ticket does not include
- Qoricancha aka the Santo Domingo Complex (10 soles entrance fee)
- Main Cathedral (25 soles entrance fee)
- Maras (10 soles entrance fee)
- Andahuaylillas (10 soles entrance fee)
- Salineras – Salinas de Maras (10 soles entrance fee)