CUSCO + MACHU PICCHU + LIMA + SURFING + PERUVIAN FOOD 6 DAYS
Enjoy a unique tour, which includes visiting Cusco, Machu Picchu, Rainbow Mountain and ending in Lima with some surfing lessons and the best Peruvian food.
Peru is known for having amazing historical sites like Machu Picchu, but it also has the best foods.
This exclusive Explorape tour will make you live the best moments, we will visit Cusco, Machu Picchu, and then in Lima we will have surfing lessons and taste the best dishes of Peru.
Day 1: Pick up and City Tour
Reception at the airport in Cusco, transfer to the selected hotel.
City Tour – The places to visit are Qoricancha Temple of the Sun, The Cathedral, Sacsayhuaman, Quenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
Day 2: Travel & Join Day
If you are willing, this day you will have the option to join our program, we will visit local families, we will help you learn how to grow organic products.
Day 3: Sacred Valley VIP
This day we will visit the sacred valley of the incas, then we will have a connection to Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes).
Day 4: Machu Picchu
On our third day, we will visit the impressive Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, according to the schedule of your admission ticket, we will have a guided tour of about 2 hours, after this, you will have enough time to explore Machu Picchu on your own, but I do not do anything wrong.
Day 5: Free Day + Flight to Lima
This day is for you to get ready, buy some souvenirs, visit the Plaza de Armas, and be ready to go to Lima.
In the afternoon or according to your travel itinerary, you will fly to Lima, then spend 1 night there.
Day 6: Surfing + Peruvian Food
This day we wake up around 8 am, be ready to go to the beach and have some surfing lessons, the lessons start at 9 and last about 2 hours.
After that we’ll go to try some of the best Peruvian food out there, like: Ceviche, Lomo Saltado, Aji de Gallina, etc. This can be chosen by you.
According to your flight schedule, you can have the afternoon free to explore Lima.
- Professional guides: All our guides studied English and tourism at the National University of Cusco. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion for teaching others about their heritage. They are fun but professional, and will make sure you are safe and happy.
- Hotels: Included in this tour is one night in Cusco, one night in Ollantaytambo and one night in Aguas Calientes. We can easily add extra nights before or after the tour, if necessary. Let our team know if you are interested in extending and we will give you a quote. Rooms are based on double occupancy. There is a surcharge for a single room. It is always possible to extend the hotels. We can also book the tour without hotels, if you prefer to book them yourself.
- Transportation: All your transportation is included in this tour. We will pick you up at your hotel around 1 p.m. on the first morning and make sure you are accompanied to your hotel around 8 p.m. on the last night.
- Entrance fees: All entrance fees are included (BTG tourist ticket for the city tour, sacred valley, Machu Picchu, bus tickets for the tour from/to Aguas Calientes)
- Train tickets: The train tickets are in tourist class Expeditions, from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes is at 7.00 pm and from Aguas Calientes to Ollanatyatmbo is at 4.20 pm, if you expect to get on the train Vistadome then it is $ 75 one way and $100 round trip, 3.37 pm from Ollantaytambo and 4.43 pm from Agaus Calientes to poroy.
- Transfers: No matter which train you take from Machu Picchu to Cusco, the transfer back from the train station to your hotel is included.
- Huayna Picchu: Huayna Picchu is the mountain next to Machu Picchu. It is a 45 minute walk to the top. Going down is quite steep, if you are afraid of heights. This is done without your tour guide, after your visit to Machu Picchu. The cost is $75 per person. Arrangements must be made one month in advance, due to the popularity. Please understand that the weather is out of our control.
- Flights: Flying to Cusco can be difficult. Delays occur often and it is not uncommon for flights to be cancelled. Please make sure you arrive in the city at least two days before your departure date. LATAM Peru is the most reliable of the airlines. Avianca and Peruvian Airlines are acceptable companies as well. You will not return from your trek until around 8pm on the last day, so make sure your flight is not until the next day when you leave Cusco.
- Tipping: Tipping is always appreciated and should be based entirely on your satisfaction. Although it is not usual for you, it is of considerable importance for the people who will be looking after you during your travels.
- Travel insurance: Not mandatory, but always recommended. For those who live at sea level, landing in Cusco will take a period of adjustment. Most people need a day or two to adjust. In case you have trouble adjusting to the altitude, it is suggested to have protection for trips that are not made.
- Meals : Meals are not included but our guides will recommend some good places. Except for the 5th day, where we’ll have to taste Peruvian food.
Prices may vary according to your needs and preferences, contact us through the following options of your preference or send us a reservation to answer your questions. We will be happy to help you with your trip.
What to bring
- Small bag pack.
- Sun hat.
- Sun glasses.
If you are planning to visit Cusco – Peru, the best months are from April to October, the weather is dry and there is no rain.
For Lima, the best time is from December to March, since it is summer and you can enjoy the beaches.
For Peruvian food, any time of the year is better.
About the surfing lessons, you just need to know nothing, everything else will be taught to you, we have conventions with one of the best surfing schools in Lima.
Tickets for Machu Picchu can be bought separately, those for Sacred Valley, city tour and Moray can be bought together in a ticket called “Boleto Turistico”.
Tickets to the Maras and Rainbow Mountain salt mines cost 10 soles each one.
But, you don’t have to worry about that, because, this tour includes all the tickets.
If you wish to volunteer or donate, we can put you in touch with various communities in Cusco, who need help in various aspects, our main contact is:
Cristo Rey Tikari School: Located in Ocongate distric, close to Ausangate Mountain. They need some basic things like: clothes, toys, books, pens, pencils, brushes, etc.