CUSCO + MACHU PICCHU + RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 5 DAYS
With this package you will enjoy a broader perspective of the customs and traditions of Cusco’s past and present, as well as visit more extraordinary archaeological sites.
Day 1: Pick up and City Tour
Reception at the airport in Cusco, transfer to the selected hotel.
City Tour – The places to visit are Qoricancha Temple of the Sun, The Cathedral, Sacsayhuaman, Quenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
Day 2: Sacred Valley VIP
The places to visit are: Pisaq, Ollantaytmabo with connection to Machu Picchu
Day 3: Machu Picchu
On our third day, we will visit the impressive Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, according to the schedule of your admission ticket, we will have a guided tour of about 2 hours, after this, you will have enough time to explore Machu Picchu on your own, but I do not do anything wrong.
Day 4: Maras, Moray and Salt Mines
This tour consists of visiting the famous maras salt mines, and then heading out and seeing an Inca laboratory called Moray.
Day 5: Rainbow Mountain
With this package, on the fifth day we will visit Vinicunca, the famous Rainbow Mountain, this tour is 1 full day, our travel advisors will tell you all the details about this trip once you are in Cusco.
Day 6: Free day – back
According to your flight or return itinerary, this day can be free to wander around the city on your own and get ready to return.
- Professional guides: All our guides studied English and tourism at the National University of Cusco. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion for teaching others about their heritage. They are fun but professional, and will make sure you are safe and happy.
- Hotels: Included in this tour is one night in Cusco, one night in Ollantaytambo and one night in Aguas Calientes. We can easily add extra nights before or after the tour, if necessary. Let our team know if you are interested in extending and we will give you a quote. Rooms are based on double occupancy. There is a surcharge for a single room. It is always possible to extend the hotels. We can also book the tour without hotels, if you prefer to book them yourself.
- Transportation: All your transportation is included in this tour. We will pick you up at your hotel around 1 p.m. on the first morning and make sure you are accompanied to your hotel around 8 p.m. on the last night.
- Entrance fees: All entrance fees are included (BTG tourist ticket for the city tour, sacred valley, Machu Picchu, bus tickets for the tour from/to Aguas Calientes)
- Train tickets: The train tickets are in tourist class Expeditions, from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes is at 7.00 pm and from Aguas Calientes to Ollanatyatmbo is at 4.20 pm, if you expect to get on the train Vistadome then it is $ 75 one way and $100 round trip, 3.37 pm from Ollantaytambo and 4.43 pm from Agaus Calientes to poroy.
- Transfers: No matter which train you take from Machu Picchu to Cusco, the transfer back from the train station to your hotel is included.
- Huayna Picchu: Huayna Picchu is the mountain next to Machu Picchu. It is a 45 minute walk to the top. Going down is quite steep, if you are afraid of heights. This is done without your tour guide, after your visit to Machu Picchu. The cost is $75 per person. Arrangements must be made one month in advance, due to the popularity. Please understand that the weather is out of our control.
- Flights: Flying to Cusco can be difficult. Delays occur often and it is not uncommon for flights to be cancelled. Please make sure you arrive in the city at least two days before your departure date. LATAM Peru is the most reliable of the airlines. Avianca and Peruvian Airlines are acceptable companies as well. You will not return from your trek until around 8pm on the last day, so make sure your flight is not until the next day when you leave Cusco.
- Tipping: Tipping is always appreciated and should be based entirely on your satisfaction. Although it is not usual for you, it is of considerable importance for the people who will be looking after you during your travels.
- Travel insurance: Not mandatory, but always recommended. For those who live at sea level, landing in Cusco will take a period of adjustment. Most people need a day or two to adjust. In case you have trouble adjusting to the altitude, it is suggested to have protection for trips that are not made.
- Meals : Meals are not included but our guides will recommend some good places
Prices may vary according to your needs and preferences, contact us through the following options of your preference or send us a reservation to answer your questions. We will be happy to help you with your trip.
What to bring
- Small bag pack.
- Sun hat.
- Sun glasses.
For Explorape, the best time or month to visit Cusco is June, around the 24th of June, the main reason is that Cusco is on a holiday, so you can enjoy shows in the streets like: typical dances, folkloric parades, etc. This is without any additional cost.
You also have the option to see Inti Raymi, one of the most important festivities of the Incas.
But, you will see many tourists, and if you don’t like them much, you can visit Cusco in its low season, which is from November to April, although it rains in Cusco at this time, but something that is spectacular is that the mountains are green.
The only day that can be challenging, is the fifth day, the day we will visit the Rainbow Mountain, which is at an altitude of about 5200 meters above sea level.
Tickets for Machu Picchu can be bought separately, those for Sacred Valley, city tour and Moray can be bought together in a ticket called “Boleto Turistico”.
Tickets to the Maras and Rainbow Mountain salt mines cost 10 soles each one.
If you wish to volunteer or donate, we can put you in touch with various communities in Cusco, who need help in various aspects, our main contact is:
Cristo Rey Tikari School: Located in Ocongate distric, close to Ausangate Mountain. They need some basic things like: clothes, toys, books, pens, pencils, brushes, etc.
As a local company from Cusco, we want to use local hands for all the services we provide. And thus help people who have fewer opportunities to improve their income.Read more about us