- Easy bookingBook safely and easily, directly with local operators.
- Duration of the tourThe tour starts at 5:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM.
- Max alttitudeThe maximum altitude we will reach on this hike is 4500 meters above sea level.
- DifficultyThe level of difficulty is medium to challenging, taking into account the altitude and it is recommended to do it after 3 or more days in Cusco.
- Best timeThe best time of the year to visit is from April to October, and if you like the rains, the ideal months are from November to March.
Cusco - Pacchanta - 7 Lakes of Ausangate
From the city of Cusco we will go to Pacchanta by bus for about 3 hours - Pacchanta is a community located at 4300m above sea level.
In Pacchanta we will have breakfast. Pacchanta to 7 Ausangate Lakes on foot, we will walk a total of 3 hours and 40 minutes (round trip) and visit the following lakes:
- Otorongo male.
- Female Otorongo.
- Puca cocha
- Alqa cocha
- Ccomer cocha
- Blue pit
- Pata cocha
During the visit to the 7 lakes mentioned above, you will also be able to see the following mountains:
During the visit to the lagoons, you will also be able to see some of the flora and fauna of the Andes, taking into account that the hike includes ascents, descents and flat areas.
7 Lagoons to Pacchanta on foot, after visiting all the lagoons, we will return to the small community called Pacchanta. In Pacchanta, we will have lunch around 2:00 pm.
In the community of Pacchanta there are hot springs, so you have two options:
- Option 1: You will be able to enjoy the hot springs for approximately 40 minutes.
- Option 2: If you dont want the hot springs, you can explore the community of Pacchanta on your own.
Pacchanta to Cusco city by bus, we will be back in Cusco at approximately 18:30.
What are we going to do?
- You will visit 7 lakes of Ausangate.
- You can enjoy a theme park - museum in Pacchanta.
- Enjoy the hot springs of Pacchanta.
What is included?
- Pick up at your hotel or at Plaza Regocijo (your choice) if you are already out.
- Private transportation to and from the hotel.
- Professional guide.
- Entrance fees.
- Local breakfast.
- Local lunch.
- Trekking poles.
- First aid kit.
- Travel insurance.
What to bring to the tour?
- Comfortable shoes or trekking shoes.
- Warm and light clothing.
- Sun block.
- Cell phone with 100% charged battery.
- It is recommended to do this activity after spending more than 3 days in Cusco.