- Easy bookingBook safely and easily, directly with local operators
- Duration of the tourHalf days: We have the option to do it in the morning (from 9 AM - 1 PM) or in the afternoon (from 1 PM - 6 PM).
- Max alttitudeCusco is located at 3400 meters above sea level.
- DifficultyThis tour does not require much effort and can be done at leisure.
- Best timeThe best time of the year to visit is from April to October, and if you like the rains, the ideal months are from November to March.
Regardless of the time of day (morning or afternoon), i.e.: City Tour in the morning or Cusco City Tour in the afternoon, we will start with our guided tour of the city of Cusco, visiting first the impressive Cathedral of Cusco, located next to the Plaza de Armas of Cusco. In this important colonial temple, we will observe the Andean baroque architecture and the best examples of Andean religious art, as well as some colonial paintings.
Then we will go to the Qoricancha (the largest Inca temple dedicated to the sun) where we will observe the most beautiful Inca architecture and important colonial paintings of the Cusco school.
After visiting the Qoricancha, we will head to the outskirts of Cusco to visit the four tourist attractions that make up the Sacsayhuaman Archaeological Park: the ceremonial fortress of Sacsayhuaman, the amphitheater of Qenqo, the military fortress of Puca Pucara and the fountains of the water temple of Tambomachay.
During the guided tour of Sacsayhuaman, we will pass by impressive temples, sacred enclosures and platforms that were built with huge blocks of stone. And from its viewpoint, we will also observe the imposing city of Cusco in all its grandeur, as well as the most important mountains that protect it and the magnificent landscapes that surround Sacsayhuaman.
In addition, near Sacsayhuaman, we will visit a handicraft center to see the works of art created by the hands of Cusco artisans: traditional weavings (in alpaca and baby alpaca) and gold and silver jewelry (necklaces, bracelets and earrings). And if you want to take home a nice souvenir, this is the place to buy it.
Finally, in the last part of the tour, we will visit Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay.
After the guided tour, we will return to Cusco, and we will take you to Plaza Regocijo (one block from Cuscos Main Square), so you can continue visiting, on your own, the other wonders of the majestic city of Cusco.
What are we going to do?
- Visit Plaza de Armas of Cusco.
- Visit Qoricancha, the golden temple.
- Visit the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, where you will have a full view of the city of Cusco.
What is included?
- Pick up from your hotel or at Plaza Regocijo (your choice) if you are already out.
- Private transportation to the first ruins site and pick up.
- Professional guide.
- Entrance fees (BTC).
What to bring to the tour?
- Cash for souvenirs, tips, extra snacks.
- Comfortable shoes or trekking shoes
- Warm and light clothing
- Making campfire
- Jumping, mail, climbing Inca walls
- The best option is the city tour in the afternoon, as you can see the sunset.