CITY TOUR CUSCO HALF DAY
The City Tour Cusco, know as Cusco 4 ruins tour is an amazing introduction to Inca history and culture.
It is a wonderful way to start acclimatizing to the high altitude of the city of Cusco and prepare for a walk if you have booked one.
The four ruins are also just above the city of Cusco and therefore the tour is easily completed in half a day. This tour is very popular and although it is quite touristy, there is plenty of open space in which to explore the great sites of the ruins.
It is one of our favorite tours we offer and we personally rate it as an experience not to be missed. It is also an excellent introduction to the impressive building skills of the Incas.
The huge, high, rounded stone walls of Sacsayhuaman and the panoramic views of Cusco will take your breath away.
This is a great outing that can be done on horseback, on foot or by car, depending on your preference and fitness level.
Meeting point: your hotel or the Plaza Regocijo
Tour departure: 8:30am
End Tour: approximately 12:30 or 1pm
Daily departures: with 2+ people
You will be picked up at your hotel or at the Plaza Regocijo (your choice) at 8:30am and driven with your guide to the first ruin site (Tambomachay). As you walk and visit each archaeological site, your guide will explain the history, architecture and local traditions.
The four sites are Tambomachay, Puca Pucara, Q’enko and Sacsayhuaman. After exploring the last ruin site you will walk to the Plaza de Armas in the city of Cusco. The tour lasts approximately 4 hours. This tour can also be completed on horseback or by car depending on your fitness level and preferences
- Pick up at your hotel or at the Plaza Regocijo (your choice) if you are already out.
- Private transport to the first ruin site
Professional English-speaking guide who will provide the tour
1 day entrance to the ruins sites; Tambomachay, Puca Pucara, Q’enko, and the spectacular Sacsayhuaman)
- Water bottle and snacks (can satisfy any dietary need)
- Horse for riding (if you select the horse riding option)
- Private transportation between the ruins sites and to Cusco (if you select the driven tour option)
- Lunch (Your choice)
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Tips for your guide
CLASSIC TOUR WITH CAR
Prices may vary according to your needs and preferences, contact us through the following options of your preference or send us a reservation to answer your questions. We will be happy to help you with your trip.
What to bring
- Hat and sunglasses
- ISIC card if you are a student
- Rainwear and warm jacket in case of inclement weather
- Good shoes for walking on pavement and dirt roads
- Cash for souvenirs, tips, extra snacks.
- Cusco often experiences all the seasons in one day, so it is a good idea to wear a hat and warm gloves, as well as a hat for the sun when it rises in the morning so that you are prepared for all the time.
For Explorape, the best time or month to visit Cusco is June, around the 24th of June, the main reason is that Cusco is on a holiday, so you can enjoy shows in the streets like: typical dances, folkloric parades, etc. This is without any additional cost.
You also have the option to see Inti Raymi, one of the most important festivities of the Incas.
But, you will see many tourists, and if you don’t like them much, you can visit Cusco in its low season, which is from November to April, although it rains in Cusco at this time, but something that is spectacular is that the mountains are green.
There is no difficulty in this tour.
The Cusco city tour ticket included in this tour is for one day and includes the sites seen on this tour only. If you plan to stay in Cusco for several days and/or plan to do several tours, you can change to the 10 day tourist ticket when you book your tour. The 10 day tour ticket includes the following sites:
- Puca Pucara
- Ruins of Pisac
- Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo (Cusco Center of Native Art)
- Pachacuteq Inca Monument/Museum (Monumento Pachacuteq)
- Qoricancha Site Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art (Museo Municipal de Arte Contemporáneo)
- Museum of Popular Art
Regional History Museum
Please note that this ticket does not include
- Qoricancha aka the Santo Domingo Complex (10 soles entrance fee)
- Main cathedral (25 soles entrance)
- Maras (10 soles entrance)
- Andahuaylillas (10 soles entrance fee)
- Salineras – Salt Mines of Maras (10 soles entry)
If you wish to volunteer or donate, we can put you in touch with various communities in Cusco, who need help in various aspects, our main contact is:
Cristo Rey Tikari School: Located in Ocongate distric, close to Ausangate Mountain. They need some basic things like: clothes, toys, books, pens, pencils, brushes, etc.
As a local company from Cusco, we want to use local hands for all the services we provide. And thus help people who have fewer opportunities to improve their income.Read more about us