- Easy bookingBook safely and easily, directly with local operators.
- Duration of the tourThe tour starts at 5:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM.
- Max alttitudeThe Humantay Lake is located at 4200 meters above sea level.
- DifficultyThe difficulty of the hike is medium to difficult and the hiking distance is 2 hours uphill and 1 hour return.
- Best timeThe best time of the year to visit is from April to October, and if you like the rains, the ideal months are from November to March.
The 1 day Humantay Lake tour will start at 04:00 am with pick up at your hotel and departure to Soraypampa - Salkantay. On the way, in the light of dawn, we will cross the vast plains of the Pampa de Anta and descend into the Limatambo Valley. Then we leave the Cusco - Abancay - Lima highway and turn off towards the district of Mollepata. In this picturesque village we will make a momentary stop to do some last minute shopping and then continue our ascent to Soraypampa (3900 masl), starting point of the hike to the sacred lagoon of Humantay.
In Soraypampa, after our arrival, we will enjoy a good buffet breakfast. Then we will get ready for the hike and start with the ascent to the Humantay Lagoon. The average walking time will be 1 hour (approximately), at a moderate pace.
When we arrive at the Humantay Lake (4200m above sea level), we will observe the turquoise color of the calm waters of the Humantay Lagoon and the vivid colors of the impressive natural landscapes that surround it: mountains, snow-capped peaks, streams and exotic flora and fauna. And under the watchful eye of Mount Humantay, on the shores of the lagoon, we will take a brief guided tour of the place, the climatic conditions and the tradition of the inhabitants. Finally, we will tour the Humantay Lagoon to observe the special beauty of the place and take the best postcards of this epic journey.
In the afternoon, after enjoying the natural beauty of the Humantay Lake, the Humantay and Salkantay mountains, we will return to Soraypampa where we will enjoy a delicious lunch outdoors. In the afternoon, after an exciting day, we will begin our return trip to the city of Cusco. Upon arrival, our team will drop you off in the comfort of your hotel.
What are we going to do?
- Hike through the spectacular Andes Mountains, reaching Laguna Humantay and Salkantay foothills.
- You will have incredible views of mountains and snow.
- Take pictures and enjoy nature.
What is included?
- Pick up at your hotel in Cusco or agreed point.
- Round trip transportation
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Breakfast and lunch buffet style
- Trekking poles
- First aid kit
- Oxygen balloon
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Horse rental
- Entrance fees to Humantay
- Travel insurance
What to bring to the tour?
- Comfortable shoes or trekking shoes
- Warm and light clothing
- Sun block
- Cell phone with 100% charged battery
- Water bottle
- Throwing garbage.
- Make campfire.
- Enter to the lake.
- Swimming in the lagoon.
- People with heart problems should NOT take this tour
- It is advisable to bring energy bars and energy drinks for this tour.
- Drink a lot of water.
Know more about Humantay Lake Full Day Tour Group Service
Enjoy the Humantay Lake hike on the Salkantay trail in 1 day with really beautiful landscapes that will change your life.
We invite you to feel and enjoy the turquoise lagoon of Humantay in 1 day, to get in touch with nature in one of the most famous nature walks in Cusco, Peru.
The Humantay Lake is surrounded by imposing glaciers that are part of the Andes Mountains, among them the majestic Nevado Salkantay and Humantay, which when they melt give rise to the beautiful Humantay Lagoon. Visiting it will transform your way of seeing nature, enjoying the flora and fauna that will be recorded in your wonderful photos in the place with 100% pure oxygen that your body will thank you.
If you are looking for new adventures: breathing 100% pure air, getting close to nature, observing truly spectacular landscapes and walking through narrow and ancestral trails, our tour to Humantay Lagoon from Cusco is the perfect trip for you.
On this day trip to Humantay Lagoon, you will follow a magical trail along the Andes Mountains, observe the exotic flora and fauna of the Salkantay Range, and spend a day of peace and excitement in the heart of the Andes.
The impressive scenic attraction of the Humantay Lagoon, located under the feet of the imposing Apu Humantay, is a mirror of crystalline turquoise waters fed by the thawing of the Humantay Mountains. And today it is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Cusco.
If you are one of those travelers who like hiking or trekking and want to be in contact with nature to feel the tranquility, harmony and freedom. Book this all-inclusive private excursion to the Humantay Lagoon and let yourself be carried away by the excitement and adrenaline of a great trip.
Let your trip to Peru be an unforgettable experience. Explore the hidden treasures of the Peruvian Andes with Explorape Travel and enjoy the natural wonders of Cusco and Peru.