MACHU PICCHU 2 DAYS
Visit the incredible Inca citadel of Machu Picchu by train
Visit Machu Picchu in 2 days, this tour begins with a guided tour of the sacred valley of the Incas.
Day 1: Sacred Valley
Our tour starts at 8:30 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. (depending on the availability of the train we have, from Ollantaytambo/Hot Waters).
You will be picked up from your hotel at the scheduled time, and then transferred to the Ollantaytambo train station by private transportation, this journey will take about 02 hours which will give us the option to make a couple of stops to appreciate the panoramic views that the Sacred Valley of the Incas offers us, we will also have the opportunity to appreciate different snow-capped mountains that are part of the famous Andes.
When you arrive to Ollantaytambo you will have some time to get to know this very popular town for keeping intact many houses from the time of the Incas, according to the train schedule that you have, you will board the tourist train that will take you to the town of Machupicchu (also known as Aguas Calientes).
At the train station, a transfer will be waiting to take you to our lodging, after which you will have free time to visit the town or perhaps visit the thermal baths.
At night our guide will go to the lodge to give you all the details you need to know about the second day of our tour.
Day 2: Machu Picchu – Cusco
This is the most important day of the tour the day we will arrive at one of the 7 wonders of the world. As agreed with our guide the first night, you have two options to get to Machupicchu.
To go up by bus (30 minutes aprox.) or to do the walk to Machu Picchu (1h 20 minutes aprox.).
In Machupicchu you will have a tour with our guide for 02 hours through the most important constructions and temples of this city after which you will have free time to explore Machupicchu on your own and perhaps climb the Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu mountain (reserve 02 months in advance, ask for availability plus $15 dollars) and other places of interest.
In the afternoon you can go down on foot or by bus to the Aguas Calientes train station and from there take the train back to the Ollantaytambo station.
At the train station in Ollantaytambo a transfer will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco
- Pre-tour briefing the night before the tour to answer any questions
Collection from your hotel in the morning.
- Private transportation through the Sacred Valley to the train station.
- Guided visit to 2 ruin sites in the Sacred Valley (Pisac Ruins, Pisac Market, Ollantaytambo Ruins.
- Professional English-speaking guide.
- Meals: Dinner on day 1, breakfast on day 2, snacks at Machu Picchu.
- Dietary needs: able to satisfy any dietary preference/need.
- Train from Ollantaytambo or Poroy to Aguas Calientes.
- An entrance to the Archaeological Complex of Machu Picchu (First hour of entrance: 6 to 10).
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
A return bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and vice versa.
- Hotel (double room) in Aguas Calientes.
- Private transportation back to your hotel in Cusco
- Hotel before/after the tour.
- Breakfast and lunch on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Items of a personal nature/souvenirs.
- Hayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (85USD each including extra time) – must be booked in advance and we cannot guarantee a place as they sell out early.
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Trip interruption insurance and medical/evacuation insurance (mandatory).
- The tips for the guides are optional, but they are highly recommended if you enjoy walking.
Prices may vary according to your needs and preferences, contact us through the following options of your preference or send us a reservation to answer your questions. We will be happy to help you with your trip.
What to bring
- Small bag pack.
- Sun hat.
- Sun glasses.
For Explorape, the best time or month to visit Cusco is June, around the 24th of June, the main reason is that Cusco is on a holiday, so you can enjoy shows in the streets like: typical dances, folkloric parades, etc. This is without any additional cost.
You also have the option to see Inti Raymi, one of the most important festivities of the Incas.
But, you will see many tourists, and if you don’t like them much, you can visit Cusco in its low season, which is from November to April, although it rains in Cusco at this time, but something that is spectacular is that the mountains are green.
Visiting Machu Picchu has almost nothing to do with culture, in fact, we consider it easy.
Machu Picchu tickets have fixed schedules, if you want to climb both Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, you have to choose tickets with these options, in case of Huayna Picchu, tickets are sold out very quickly, so it is advisable to buy about 2 months in advance or more.
If you wish to volunteer or donate, we can put you in touch with various communities in Cusco, who need help in various aspects, our main contact is:
Cristo Rey Tikari School: Located in Ocongate distric, close to Ausangate Mountain. They need some basic things like: clothes, toys, books, pens, pencils, brushes, etc.