- Easy bookingBook safely and easily, directly with local operators.
- Duration of the tour2 days and 1 night, Sacred Valley and Aguas Calientes.
- Max alttitudeMachu Picchu is located at 4200 meters above sea level and Cusco at 3400 meters above sea level.
- DifficultyThis tour is very easy to do, the hikes are short, 30 minutes or less, except in Machu Picchu, 2 hours at a slow pace.
- Best timeThe best time of the year to visit is from April to October, and if you like the rains, the ideal months are from November to March.
Day 1: Sacred Valley of the Incas
Our tour starts at 8:30 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. (depending on the availability of the train we have, from Ollantaytambo/Aguas Calientes).
We will pick you up from your hotel at the indicated time and transfer you to Ollantaytambo train station in private transportation, this trip will last approximately 02 hours which will give us the option to make a couple of stops to appreciate the panoramic views that the Sacred Valley of the Incas offers us, we will also have the opportunity to appreciate different snow-capped mountains that are part of the famous Andes.
Arriving in Ollantaytambo you will have time to visit this very popular town for keeping intact many houses from the time of the Incas, according to the train schedule you will board the tourist train that will take you to the town of Machupicchu (also known as Aguas Calientes).
At the train station, a transfer will be waiting for you to take you to our lodging, after which you will have free time to visit the town or perhaps visit the thermal baths.
In the evening our guide will go to the lodge to give you all the details you need to know about the second day of our tour.
Day 2: Machu Picchu
This is the most important day of the tour, the day we will arrive at one of the 7 wonders of the world. As we agreed with our guide the first night, you have two options to get to Machu Picchu.
Go up by bus (30 minutes approx.) or hike to Machu Picchu (1h 20 minutes approx.).
In Machupicchu you will have a tour with our guide for 02 hours through the most important constructions and temples of this city, after which you will have free time to explore Machupicchu on your own and maybe climb Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu mountain (book 02 months in advance, ask for availability plus $15 USD) and other places of interest.
In the afternoon you can walk or take a bus down to Aguas Calientes train station and from there take the train back to Ollantaytambo station.
At the Ollantaytambo train station a transfer will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
What are we going to do?
- Visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas and its main archaeological sites where the Incas worked and harvested.
- Travel on a train to Machu Picchu with incredible views.
- Walk on the ancient streets of the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Learn about the history and culture of the Incas from local guides.
- Enjoy the comforts of traveling in a small group with all transportation included.
What is included?
- Pre-tour briefing the night before the tour to answer any questions.
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning.
- Meals: Dinner on day 1, breakfast on day 2, snacks at Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- Round trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and vice versa.
- Hotel (double room) in Aguas Calientes.
- Private transportation back to your hotel in Cusco.
- Hotel before/after the tour.
- Breakfast and lunch on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Hayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (85USD each including extra time) - must be paid in advan
- Entrance fee to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Travel insurance and medical/evacuation insurance (mandatory).
- Tips for guides are optional, but highly recommended.
What to bring to the tour?
- Comfortable or trekking shoes.
- Warm and light clothing.
- Making campfire.
- Jumping, mail, climbing Inca walls.
- Selfie sticks.
- Book 2 or 3 months in advance for the months of June, July and August.
- If you want to climb Huayna Picchu we recommend you to book more than 4 or 5 months in advance.